[Gambas-user] distributing gambas application

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat May 29 13:18:05 CEST 2004

One of the big problems of Gambas before having a 1.0 version is:

*** How can I distribute my gambas applications ? ***

I decided that Gambas will follow the standard Linux way of distributing
applications and not the Window way.

I mean, the next version of Gambas IDE will have a wizard that will generate
binary packages of your projects.

At the moment, only Mandrake RPMs are generated. These packages will require
the "gambas" package to be already installed. The "gambas" package will be
made by distribution maintainers, and will include all the needed stuff to
run a gambas project (gbx, gbi, gbc, gba, the *.info files, the
components...)

So now I need the powerful skills of gambas users using something other than a
Mandrake!

1) I think that if every RPM based distributions use "gambas" as the name of
the main gambas package, the packages generated for the Mandrake will work
too.

2) How can I make a package for a Debian based system ? Need help!

3) Same question, but for FreeBSD.

I'm waiting for answers :-)

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...