[Gambas-user] Autocomplete bug?

Grahame White grahame at ...457...
Sat May 22 23:01:24 CEST 2004

On Sunday 16 May 2004 22:11, Grahame White wrote:

> > > compiled with gcc 3.3.3

> > > I've got qt 3.2.3 installed and I use fluxbox for my wm
> > >
> > > Grahame
> >
> > What happens if you use KDM or MetaCity ?
>
> I gave it a try on metacity and it seemed to work ok. I'm not sure that
> it's a bug in fluxbox but maybe to do with the focus model I use,
> semi-sloppy with no auto raise. Perhaps gambas is getting confused as to
> which window is supposed to be in focus?
>
> I'll test this a bit more tomorrow, unless you have any other ides :)
>
> Grahame

I gave this a bit more testing in fluxbox with the 0.93b version of gambas.
I'm still getting the same problem. I've had it happen in metacity when I
tested in there too.

It seems to happen when the autocomplete window is opened off the right
edge of the editor, for example when a long line of code is entered. When
this happens gambas seems to get a little confused. From what I've been
able to work out by running the gambas ide in itself is that it thinks
that the autocomplete window isn't in use and drops the variables that the
autocomplete events would use. However it doesn't actually close the
autocomplete window. So what happens is that when an event is called that
would use the variables, in this case $hEditor.Frozen from FCompletion
line 338, it obviously doesn't exist any more and throws up an error
saying so.

I have also noticed that since the updated version of gambas when this bug
occurs it doesn't drop me straight back to the commandline anymore. It now
gives me this gambas error first :

	This application has raised an unexpected error and must abort.
	[13] Null object.
	At: FCompletion.InsertItem.338

I hope this is of some help and that my rambling hasn't bored you for
nothing ;)

Grahame