[Gambas-user] Report Manager Possible integration?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue May 18 23:32:29 CEST 2004

On Monday 17 May 2004 19:20, Dimitri Bellini wrote:
> Dear folks
> 	i have read a news in freshmeat about a report designer for Kylix and when
> i read the main site (http://reportman.sourceforge.net) i see this:
> "Report manager is a reporting application (Report Manager Designer) and
> also a set of components for Delphi, Builder and Kylix, also supports
> development enviroment accepting ActiveX controls (Visual Basic,Visual
> FoxPro,any Visual Studio.Net language...) also a C dynamic standard library
> with exported functions is provided to use the engine with any other
> language like GNU C"
>
> Is possible to use this Tool in gambas?
> Thanks in advance
> Dimitri

My plans about a possible Gambas Report Manager :-)

1) Allowing the IDE to use the form editor to create something other than real
GUI forms: reports, or even "web" forms.

2) Creating a gb.report component that includes report pseudo-controls than
you can put on a report form only.

3) The report controls will not have necessarily fixed size. There will be
layout containers that can print new pages if there is not enough space on
one page.

4) When you will ask a report form to draw itself (on the screen, or on the
printer), the report controls will raise events to get their data. Once the
data got, the layout can be performed.

5) ...Any other ideas.

I don't think you will get it before the 1.0. Because:

- I have no time.

- I must modify the IDE internals.

- There is no name spaces in Gambas. I could implement them, or I could name
all my report controls by prefixing their name with "Report": ReportLabel,
ReportGrid, ReportPictureBox, ReportTable, and so on.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...