[Gambas-user] Report Manager Possible integration?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon May 17 20:47:46 CEST 2004

On Monday 17 May 2004 13:20, Dimitri Bellini wrote:
> 	i have read a news in freshmeat about a report designer for
> Kylix and when i read the main site
> (http://reportman.sourceforge.net) i see this: "Report manager
> is a reporting application (Report Manager Designer) and also
> a set of components for Delphi, Builder and Kylix, also
> Is possible to use this Tool in gambas?

I'm sure someone could write a component that wrapped their C
API, but since Report Manager is itself written in Kylix, whose
compiler has no source available, I wouldn't be able to make an
RPM of it and therefore I wouldn't be able to include RM support
in whatever Gambas RPMs I made.

I'd rather see support for something like Kugar, the KDE
reporting engine, though I haven't messed with it at all, or
eventually something written in Gambas itself which could import
the XML report definitions from Kugar and other Linux reporting
tools.  But for now I'm content to just draw directly on the
printer object.

Rob