[Gambas-user] difference gambas vs VB

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed May 5 22:10:48 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 13:05, Premoli, Roberto [ITPPG/1010]
wrote:
> well, what are the equivalences between 1/1400inch an actual
> pixel?

A pixel is an absolute physical measurement that varies from
display to display but is visually consistent, and twips are a
relative measurement like point size.  (In fact, twenty twips
are one point.)  When I was working on that early VB to Gambas
conversion script, I simply multiplied the number of twips by
10/144.... an oversimplified way of doing things perhaps (it
assumes everyone's display is 100dpi), but it produced visually
pleasing results.

Rob