[Gambas-user] Langage module in gambas IDE

ron ronstk at ...239...
Fri Mar 26 19:16:52 CET 2004

Hallo Benoit,

Gambas say this with System.Language also 'en_US'.

sLang = Project.Config.ReadString("/Language", System.Language)

When I am right you read the config file for the existence of the Language
key. This one exist and say 'en_US'
If the entry Language not is found then use 'System.Language' as default
this returns 'en_US'

Why is the project.config line then changing it to 'nl'?
That is still the strange thing for me.

Delete of the Language line and .lang and .gambas directory does
not change this

In my view the language the system is running is 'en' and
I do use only English as language on all of my computers.

It is not what is selected from the lookup table if there is no match.
This occurs before the lookup and 'en_US'  exist so there is a match.

Maybe the several POSIX settings in the LC variables are the bad ones here ?
with locale i get
LANG=POSIX
LC_CTYPE=en_XX
LANGUAGE does not exist

'nl' as country is correct but not for Language.
However you can say if I make a program I want to translate something it
will be the language spoken in country I live witch is indeed 'nl'

Ron