[Gambas-user] Langage module in gambas IDE

ron ronstk at ...239...
Fri Mar 26 18:10:06 CET 2004

On Friday 26 March 2004 04:23, BluPhoenyx wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 23:46:58 +0100
> ron <ronstk at ...239...> wrote:
>
> What you see in the standard kernels will be the distro's standard
> settings If any. If there are no standard settings then everything
> defaults to US English or POSIX based on my experience with various
> distributions.

That is what I also assumed and now.

> In SuSE 9.0 you can use YAST (need root password though) to pick the
> global settings. Select the 'system item then select 'Editor for
> /etc/sysconfig Files' then select the 'system' node then Language node
> which opens a branch of possibilities. Under RC_LANG use the drop list
> to select which you need.

Did check it for curiosity and this is 'en_US' as wished and expected.

> I'm not sure why this is designed this way. Perhaps because SuSE is
> designed more for corporate/business usage and only expects the System
> Admin to change these things.
Normal it should be a onetime setting and don't need to be easy to do.
But if , then this way is a hell to find.

> Note: If you feel uncomfortable changing system settings you should
> carefully read the YAST info to see which file is affected then make a
> backup copy in case something goes wrong.
:)

> ---
> Cheers,
> Mike T.

For gambas the translation module gives me 'nl' as default lang to translate
to what nowhere is set.
It is not a real problem but the way to find this as 'nl' can be wrong and the
reason I started this to inform Benoit and he has already done something.
Have to wait for next release.

The other case, for you reaction here, is I get in a terminal with locale from
the desktop 'en_GB' and all settings say i have 'en_US'.

Please read on in my message '[Gambas-user] Help on locale settings'
A double tread about the same subject is a bit stupid, I think.

Ron