[Gambas-user] Dynamically changed arrays

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Thu Mar 18 08:32:12 CET 2004

Rob -

Rob schrieb:
> On Wednesday 17 March 2004 12:00, Eilert wrote:

> Static and public/private variables are defined at the class
> level.  You need to put those outside your function, at the
> beginning of the class module.

Ok, that's no problem. It should, however, be mentioned in the
documentation.

> "DIM" is just a way to define a local variable used only within
> the context of the function in which it's defined: if it's a

Alright.

> static function it will be a static private variable, if not,
> it'll be a dynamic private variable.  (Note that it's not REALLY

I've never worked with static functions, but it might be necessary now.

> a private variable, it's a local variable which is still more
> private than PRIVATE, but I just put it that way so you could
> see what they were analogous to.)

I do not completely understand what you mean "more private than
PRIVATE". Maybe we should really add a few examples to the documentation
to avoid beginners running into trouble with it. Now that Gambas is
nearly at 1.0 it's important everyone willing to test it has a chance to
  understand the mystical differences between VB and Gambas (I guess
most folks trying Gambas come from VB).

- Rolf