[Gambas-user] Dynamically changed arrays

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Wed Mar 17 18:00:55 CET 2004

Hi Rob,

> I'm pretty comfortable with Gambas requiring all variables to be
> declared though; it makes a lot of newbie mistakes and typos

100 % agree, I have an Option Explicit in all modules in VB to avoid
confusion.

But now I found another problem:

DIM i AS INTEGER

is ok, no problem, but

STATIC x AS INTEGER

doesn't run, it says "syntax error". I tried

STATIC PRIVATE x AS INTEGER

but it won't run, too.

I need static variables that keep their contents to the next call of the
sub or function, and that is what it's supposed to do, isn't it? Or did
I get that somewhat wrong? The text in the docu isn't quite clear about
this.

Rolf