[Gambas-user] Dynamically changed arrays

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Mar 17 16:18:12 CET 2004

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 09:58, Eilert wrote:
> >>DIM t, xyz, vzk AS STRING
> >>DIM i, j AS INTEGER
> > As far i know the answer is No. 1 per line is the rule.
> That's a bit of a shame coz it takes a lot of space and is
> more difficult to read, especially when you have to use many
> variables.

I agree.  I don't know enough about Gambas internals yet to
submit a patch, but I hope to eventually.

I'm pretty comfortable with Gambas requiring all variables to be
declared though; it makes a lot of newbie mistakes and typos
MUCH easier to avoid.  VB not requiring variable declaration by
default is a disservice to new programmers.  (It's not just VB;
when it's time for me to release Perl code I also have to go
through the "use strict and tweak till it compiles again"
procedure because I always forget at the beginning.)

Rob