[Gambas-user] Succes with 0.91 and Gentoo

Jesper Holm jholm at ...381...
Sun Mar 14 23:59:15 CET 2004

Hello all,

I have been unable to install Gambas 0.90 and earlier versions.
But 0.91 compiles, installs and executes perfectly :-)

For anyone with similar problems, just for the record, these are the
"packages" that have changed on my system between 0.90 and 0.91.

Kernel 2.6.3 -> 2.6.4 with pentium-M processor architecture (though everything
worked fine with pentium3 choice)

Recompilation of glibc, binutils, gcc all with -O2 flags on GCC 3.3.2.
These steps produced no change for the 0.90 version.

Upgrading to KDE 3.2.1, and combined with brand new Gambas 0.91, and
everything works. I haven't tried to get 0.90 to work with the new KDE.

Thanks for all your input earlier.

Jesper