[Gambas-user] Re: "[12] Not an object" error.

Charlie karl.reinl at ...9...
Sat Mar 13 22:10:07 CET 2004

jholm at ...381... schrieb:

>Hi,
>
>I've done some further studying of my problem. First of all, if I do a clean
>(from source, that is) "make, make install" the gbi seg-faults on the info
>files. I didn't see that at first, sorry. I've tried to recompile with gcc 3.
>2.3 and 3.3.2 and with -O3 and -O switches, but no luck.
>
>I get the following warnings from "./configure > /dev/null/":
>
>configure: warning: *** internationalization library (if not present in C
>library) is disabled
>configure: warning: *** charset conversion library (if not present in C
>library) is disabled
>configure: warning: *** PostgreSQL driver is disabled
>configure: warning: *** MySQL driver is disabled
>

>When using the Gentoo ebuild, which effectively just removes the gbi part of
>the Makefile, I get the below mentioned errors.
>
>But in the FAQ I see Gentoo 1.4 as being supported, meaning that my system
>most likely has a problem. Is there any particular demands on the linked
>libraries? version numbers, gcc compiler, optimization settings, or ...
>
>hope you can help.
>
>Regards,
>Jesper Holm

Salut Jesper,

I'm using gentoo 1.4 and gambas on it.

BUT I do not use gambas whitch commes from gentoo ( see the problems in
User-Archiv)

Do the following:

  Change to /opt (cd /opt)
  mkdir gambas
  cd gambas
  Download from http://gambas.sourceforge.net/ the last version to
/opt/gambas.
  tar -xvjf gambas-0.<Version>.tar.bz2
  cd /opt/gambas/gambas-0.<Version>
  ./configure
  make
  su -c 'make install'  (you have to enter the root pw now)

now it  should work.

The warings up only says that you have not installed the 4 libs.
What you need if you create forms is qt, 'emerge -p qt' will show you if
present.

Sorry, but I was 2 weeks out for holydays, now i read all these mails!

Amicalement
Charlie