[Gambas-user] Linux files question and very of gambas topic

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sat Mar 13 09:50:41 CET 2004

Hello,

Is there a way to find out to log and see witch files/directories
are requested by a program?
I think something like FileMon under windows.
This is handy to find out where the files are expected to be
and are existing or not.
This is done in realtime so you can track these errors.

i.e. A program wants a myprogram.png file and it does not exist.
The KDE controlcenter want some icons I do not have so the are visual
missing. I assume the program is opening the file and get a error.
If I can log/see this file request I can maybe use an appropriate icon.

If it can be done with a already existing program what is the name of it?

2 question.
I want 2 or more files add together. In good old dos it was
copy file1 + file2 + file3 sumfile
or
copy file1 sumfile
type file2 > sumfile
type file2 > sumfile
or
append file3 sumfile
I need to append several binairy files together but can't find a simple CLI
command to do that.
As far I found it can't be done with cp or dd, but what else exists.

Maybe gambas can do it but I feel so stupid I can't solve this.

Ron

--
NASA spend over 1 million dollar for astronauts to shave without dust.
The garbage man says "Let them use a raiser blade with shaving cream"