[Gambas-user] Re: "[12] Not an object" error.

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Mar 9 08:37:42 CET 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 23:02, ron wrote:
> On Monday 08 March 2004 22:31, Marius Mauch wrote:
> > On 03/08/04  ron wrote:
> > > About the gb.qt.kde and gb.qt.kde.html, the developer by gentoo has
> > > responded. He try to fix a problem but didn't well sofar. Not only the
> > > .info had to be removed but the compile of the whole kde part had to
> > > be blocked/disabled.
> >
> > Well, gambas-0.90 doesn't start here anymore when compiled with
> > --disable-kde, it errors out with
> > "QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice"
> >
> > Marius
> >
> > Gentoo Linux Developer
>
> Hello Marius
>
> That sound not nice. If that happens now then the question is what version
> did you release, that one was fixed so it didn't else you had it not
> released. Or you did a fix in a hurry and didn't check the result? Bad
> luck. :(
>
> For the 0.90 with --disable-kde the kde component is normal disabled as
> Benoit will tell you. Did you carefull look to the error?
>   "QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice"
>
> I have also sometimes problems with interpreting i must confess.
> Here I beleave that is a error from QT and not KDE.
> The problems you found has something to do with QT i think.
> The version maybe? Gambas wishes QT 3.1 or higher.
>
> Happy debugging with a fresh meal of gambas :)
>
> Ron

Now the Gambas IDE uses the KDE component - This component is not required, I
added it just to test it in real case. You can remove it safely - but the
problem remains: why gbi crashes when loading KDE shared libraries ?

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...