[Gambas-user] Re: "[12] Not an object" error.

ron ronstk at ...239...
Mon Mar 8 23:02:17 CET 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 22:31, Marius Mauch wrote:
> On 03/08/04  ron wrote:
> > About the gb.qt.kde and gb.qt.kde.html, the developer by gentoo has
> > responded. He try to fix a problem but didn't well sofar. Not only the
> > .info had to be removed but the compile of the whole kde part had to
> > be blocked/disabled.
>
> Well, gambas-0.90 doesn't start here anymore when compiled with
> --disable-kde, it errors out with
> "QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice"
>
> Marius
>
> Gentoo Linux Developer

Hello Marius

That sound not nice. If that happens now then the question is what version did
you release, that one was fixed so it didn't else you had it not released. Or
you did a fix in a hurry and didn't check the result? Bad luck. :(

For the 0.90 with --disable-kde the kde component is normal disabled as Benoit
will tell you. Did you carefull look to the error?
  "QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice"

I have also sometimes problems with interpreting i must confess.
Here I beleave that is a error from QT and not KDE.
The problems you found has something to do with QT i think.
The version maybe? Gambas wishes QT 3.1 or higher.

Happy debugging with a fresh meal of gambas :)

Ron