[Gambas-user] Beginner questions

Laurent Godard listes.godard at ...11...
Mon Mar 8 21:44:53 CET 2004

Hi Daniel,

> mmmh... May be Rob can reply better than me, but I think the rpm
> provides just the gambas program, yo you need already the rest of
> the gambas stuff...

yes i'll try to follow the thread and take care

> You can compare this with VB, you don't need the complete VB installed,
> but you need msbvmXX.dll, vb.dll, DCOM, etc, if you want a really small
> package you should test what you need: at least libgambas.so , gbx
> ,(gbi?, gbc?), the info files, etc... may be you'd prefer just to
> install gambas (I think soon, there will be packages for
> a lot of distributions)

yes i understand the principle :)

>>No QT is IIRC as expensibve as ms tools under windows
>>I thought , probably wrong, that the QT using as free only implied to
>>release sources as GPL. Am I wrong ?
>

> If you release a "Gambas-QT" program under GPL or LGPL, you have to pay
> nothing to Trolltech, however, if you do not want a free license for
> your program, you've to pay the commercial license

That is what i intend to do
I always ask my clients for releasing sources as LGPL or GPL
All the the develoment i do for OpenOffice.org are given as LGPL
I'm only paid for devlopping, creating not to have royalties on a program

> Yes, I'm interested in that, may be that will be one of my next steps,
> however first I have to finish the 'net.curl' component, and I'm so busy
> these weeks!, however you will receive news from me in the next months,
> sure!

Good luck for your current project
feel free to contact me whenever you need for OpenOffice.org

Thanks

Laurent