[Gambas-user] Some bugs

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jun 5 22:22:08 CEST 2004

On Saturday 05 June 2004 14:28, Jonas Baggett wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use Gambas 0.93b with Fedora 2, KDE 3.2.2, and Xfce 4.0.5.
>
> With KDE, I have problems with the size of the windows: at launching,
> the Welcome, the properties and the tools windows has the same size than
> the windows of the last class I edited, etc.

Very strange ! Try to change some options in kwm configuration...

> With Xfce, I don't have this problem, but when I type for example "mid"
> the little text that says what is the syntax of the fonction appears and
> disapears like a flash, then I have to press "," during some seconds to
> be able to read the little text. the autocompletion has a little
> problem: when it appears, what I type isn't typed in the code, and when
> I type for example "c" it selects "Clear", and after I type "l" and
> rather than to still select "Clear" it select "Lenght".

The problem is that poup windows used by the autocompletion routines are only
correctly managed by freedesktop.org compliant window managers. Mainly KDE
and Gnome one!

> I found 2 bugs with the sqlite driver:
> 1) When I get some data from a database, sometimes the last 2 or 3
> characters of the data are replaced by a "X", "P" or "`". With 1 or 2
> refresh, the data becomes OK.

Do you have a gambas sample code that shows the bug ?

> 2) I made a database whose fields have the first character in uppercase,
> and when I execute a SQL request (SELECT ...) if I want to read what to
> read the result, I have to type TheResult["one_field"] rather than
> TheResult["One_field"]. If not there is this error: "Unknown field:
> One_field". I remember that I didn't have this bug with Gambas 0.92.
> I tried mysql, and I don't have this 2 bugs.

I'm not sure for your last remark, but this bug will be fixed in the next
version.

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...