[Gambas-user] Re: Using serial component for plc comunications

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jun 1 23:32:52 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 18:40, Daniel wrote:
> OK, there was an stupid bug in the SerialPort example I wrote:

> WRITE #Sport,TxtSend.Text & Chr(13) & Chr(10)
>
> Should be:

> WRITE #Sport,TxtSend.Text & Chr(13) & Chr(10),Len(TxtSend.Text)+2
>
> To tell the write function the real lenght of the data to send, so it
> seems there's no bug in the serial port class but in the example.
>
> Benoit, could you add this new version to examples?
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel Campos

OK. I put:

    PRINT #Sport,txtSend.Text; Chr$(13); Chr$(10);

Which is the same. At the moment! :-)

Maybe, in the future, PRINT will do an automatic conversion between
charsets...

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...