[Gambas-user] CryptoExample & gCrypto

Craig Packard c0de3 at ...43...
Tue Jul 27 20:29:54 CEST 2004

--- Anton Hummel <dev at ...537...> wrote:
> just a little link or remark about libmcrypt
> Libmcrypt supports the algorithms:
> BLOWFISH, TWOFISH, DES, TripleDES, 3-WAY,
> SAFER-sk64, SAFER-sk128, SAFER+,
> LOKI97, GOST, RC2, RC6, MARS, IDEA, RIJNDAEL-128
> (AES), RIJNDAEL-192,
> RIJNDAEL-256, SERPENT, CAST-128 (known as CAST5),
> CAST-256, ARCFOUR and WAKE.
> Block algorithms can be used in: CBC, ECB, CFB and
> OFB (8 bit and n bit, where
> n is the size of the algorithm's block length).
> The license of libmcrypt is GNU Lesser General
> Public License.
>
> and an commandline util
>
> so maybee this could bee the better way
> (sorry faster way)
> cheers

Isn't that like saying writing the Gambas IDE in C/C++
would make it faster than writing it in Gambas?

I was thinking the idea was to write these things *in*
Gambas. . . True, either way would work.  The lib way
would also add another dependency correct?

I think also (a long time ago in this list) part of
writing this in Gambas was to "encourage" :) making it
so components could be writen in Gambas? Wasn't it?
Don't know maybe I was daydreaming again!?!

              -Craig