[Gambas-user] gambas 0.94a

Marius Mauch genone at ...89...
Thu Jul 22 17:09:42 CEST 2004

On 07/22/04  Brant Wells wrote:

> Hey Marius:
>
> It's easier for the developers to keep track of bugfixes and such.
> Benoit always links to the current version on the home page of the
> Gambas Website... (http://gambas.sourceforge.net)...  This also makes
> it easier for end users to identify which version of gambas they have
> downloaded...0.94 was a good version... but 0.94a is a better version,
>
> etc, etc...
>
> What kind of packaging problems are you having??

The problem is that there are different tarballs with exactly the same
URL. Portage is using MD5 verification to check for corrupted downloads,
now if you silently update the tarball this check will fail. This is a
problem for our users. I can fix it in our tree quite easy (although I
still have to verify it's "just" a new tarball, not a hacked one), but
it shouldn't happen in the first place.

Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.