[Gambas-user] Re: RPMs for fedora core

Laurent Carlier lordheavy at ...512...
Wed Jul 21 16:23:32 CEST 2004

Le mercredi 21 Juillet 2004 15:17, Georg Lutz a écrit :
> Sorry, I am not subscribed, so threading might be broken...
>
> I can compile gambas on my fc2 - machine, but I prefer a clean
> RPM-installation. I think, that the mandrake-specfile only needs
> small changes in the BuildRequires-Section. I am wondering if anyone
> has already figured out the necessary changes for FC2.
>
> Just tried it out (source compiled 0.95) - I am impressed! The only
> things is, that the IDE is "crashing" from time to time when using
> the builtin editor. I think it has something to do with the
> completion function. The error message is:
>
> ---
> This application has raised an unexpected error and must abort.
>
> [11] Unknown symbol 'edtEditor_KeyPress' in class 'GambasEditor'.
> At: FCompletion.IvwComp_KeyPress.352
> ---
>
> Its a bit strange, because most of the time the completion function is
> working without problems.

it's a known error, here is the fix from Benoit

--------

This is not a segfault, this is just a "normal" error in the IDE :-)

To fix it, replace the lvwComp_KeyPress function in FCompletion by the
following:

PUBLIC SUB lvwComp_KeyPress()

  DIM hEditor AS GambasEditor
  DIM hForm AS FEditor

  'IF Key.Code = Key.Escape THEN ME.Hide

  hEditor = GetEditor()
  hEditor.SetFocus
  hForm = hEditor.Window
  hForm.edtEditor_KeyPress

END

...and rebuild the IDE - Make the executable, and replace /usr/bin/gambas by
it.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...