[Gambas-user] Need to have blowfish en- and decryption

Brant Wells bwells at ...475...
Wed Jul 14 18:01:05 CEST 2004

Hey Craig:

I hadn't thought of that...  However, my knowledge of C or any of its
counterparts would be about like an ant's knowledge of quantum
physics... He he he he.

Besides, I figured doing it as a class or a 'Control' would give Benoit
a little more encouragement for allowing us to add our own controls to
the toolbox...  ;) @ Benoit.

But seriously though, I think it could always lead to better
implementation of other things for Gambas as well.  It wouldn't break my
heart one bit if somebody took the code from their site and did create a
gambas-crypto...

I think that one of the proofs of strength to any language is the
ability to write controls and other portable code in that language
itself, rather than having to write it in a different language... IE:
the Gambas IDE.

That's just my two cents worth, though...  Take a look at the code
Volker Posted for The bas64 stuff...  I've seen a lot of implementations
of it and a lot of code for it on http://www.planetsourcecode.com

TTFN!
~Brant