[Gambas-user] Need to have blowfish en- and decryption

Volker Schmid VSchmid at ...522...
Wed Jul 14 07:38:53 CEST 2004

Hi Charlie,

> I'v never worked with the blowfish encryption and decryption.
> I mean I don't know what it is.
> But if you can use it on a shell, you can use SHELL or EXEC to
> encrypt or decrypt

Blowfish is an de- and encryption algorithm. It is much faster than DES and IDEA,
unpatented and royalty-free.

You can learn more about this on the webpage of Bruce Schneier:
http://www.schneier.com/blowfish.html

Code-Sources for various languages are available here:
http://www.schneier.com/blowfish-download.html

But I need a fast integration into Gambas. I think it would be too slow if I implement it with gambas-code. Maybe Benoit can add some of these functions directly into gambas? I think about CRC32 (Checksum), Base64 (de- and encode for Mails), Blowfish (for good security in settings and passwords), SHA-128 or MD5 (for Hash-Calculating) and some asymetrical functions like Diffie-Hellman, IDEA or RSA (for signing and public-key encryption).

Maybe directly as language-features or as a component.

Just an idea...

Grüsse,

Volker