[Gambas-user] OT: Textadventure-Game

Craig Packard c0de3 at ...43...
Wed Jul 7 18:35:15 CEST 2004

Maybe you could put all the text as strings or lines
in a text file.  then read them in at program startup
or just when that line was needed.  that way new
language could be added at anytime. make a text config
file (i won't say ini file) that they would need to
edit so that the language selection box would know
that a new one exists.  i.e.

english     app/langs/english
french      app/langs/french

and so on a so forth. . .

if you even did this for the text descriptions then
you could change the whole game (at least the wording)
with a different 'game file'.  Wouldn't you need to
change all of that too anyway?

 I mean if you just change the menus I don't see how
someone that can't read 'file' or 'exit' can read 'you
are standing in a big room and are facing west, there
is a window on the west wall' blah blahblah?

hope I'm clear or helpful or both?!?!

--- Hans-Martin Bundeshund <bundeshund at ...467...>