[Gambas-user] Gambas on Suse 8.2 - problem...

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Mon Jul 5 12:32:26 CEST 2004

Hi,

On my notebook there is a Suse 8.2. Due to limited RAM and HD space, I
won't be able to install a newer version (I tried 9.1 I have here with
Gambas running on it, but it's way too large and needs too much RAM).

So, I tried to put Gambas 0.92a onto that machine, for I've got that
very version here up and running on the Suse 9.1 system as said above.

configure tells me it's missing some things like database and other
stuff, most important it warns KDE is missing - although KDE 3 is on
that machine and running. And I've KDevelop installed on it, too,
without complaints. Configure complaints about the KDE header files
missing - but I thought when KDevelop is installed, the necessary
libraries should be there.

When doing make, it is ready after rather short time, say 3 minutes,
very unusual for such a system :-)

And when installing it and starting, it says it cannot start due to some
KDE stuff missing.

Sorry, I don't have the notebook here and left the paper I noted at
home, so I'm writing this from memory...

I do remember that it was some qb.qt...so missing amongst others...

Maybe someone can help who knows spontaneously what it is - but if you
need further details, I could try to quote the configure text or
something...

Thanks!

Rolf