[Gambas-user] mail traffic raise on gambas list

Charlie karl.reinl at ...9...
Wed Jan 28 23:46:26 CET 2004

Fabien Bodard schrieb:

>Le Mardi 27 Janvier 2004 13:52, Charlie a écrit :
>

>>Salut ,
>>
>>I had a look today on my gambas-user-folder and I remarked, that only
>>since 01.01.2004 I recived
>>238 mail ( my one not counted).
>>
>>That means 8.8 mails per day  (today 11 on gambas-user) .
>>
>>I recive them not bulked , because I want also chache the source-file
>>attachments.
>>
>>Now my question is:
>>
>>Do we have the possibillity to open a ftp-server , where everybody can
>>place source-files,
>>and everybody can take them ?
>>
>>If we have, everybody can take his gambas-list mails in bulk-form and
>>has the possibility to
>>access to the source-files.
>>
>>I know that some wicki offers this service, but I know, the maintainer
>>of such a ftp-server has a lot
>>of responsability, and the risc to get used by others to exchange files.
>>
>>If anybody has an Idea how we can handle that, it would be gread,
>>because we can also offer
>>more examples for gambas beginners.
>>
>>Amicalement
>>Charlie

>Yes i've an idea...
>
>In my mind it's a thing like http://vbfrance.com
>
>In english of course... but i need help to do it and some server
>disponibilities i've only 100mo
>

>I've started to do something last week ...
>
>It's a site to link all help disponibilities, like sample send by all who
>wants, tutorial. Can send a little apreciate on a source, (like in kde-app),
>or a minimail(internal) to his autor, And give on this site some news about
>gambas, and around activities.
>
>A link to the gambas-wki
>An chat irc link???
>
>Fabien
>
>Just a dream ... but i think it's better than a ftp-server   no ?
>

>Fabien

Salut Fabien,

real nice idea, but for the kind of site you need a good engine and a
maintainer behind.
That why I thought a FTP.
Only a place where people find source-code etc..
Your idea is realy a better , a more attractive way.
FTP only a practical thing for exchange files.

Amicalement
Charlie