[Gambas-user] weird Message/Timer interaction

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jan 20 09:17:54 CET 2004

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 03:09, Rob wrote:
> I've been noticing as I debug this project I'm working on that if
> you have a timer firing every second or whatever, and a
> Message.info dialog gets displayed, and you happen to click OK
> while the timer is firing (at least I assume it's while the
> timer is firing... can't get it to happen in step mode) the LAST
> keyword in the routine that called Message.info gets reassigned
> to the Timer object, which makes it unhappy as soon as you try
> to do anything with what you thought was your non-Timer object.
>
> For example, I had a ColumnView Activate event handler displaying
> a Message.info, and after clicking OK I get "Unknown symbol
> Columns in class Timer".  I'd send the project along but it
> won't work too well without having 3 CD-ROM drives with 3 music
> CD's in them at the moment. ;)
>
> Rob

It is not really a bug. LAST points at the last object that raises an event.
If you call the event loop inside an event handler, then LAST may change.

I will see if I can save the value of LAST before entering an event loop. This
will solve this problem.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...