[Gambas-user] weird Message/Timer interaction

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Jan 20 03:09:52 CET 2004

I've been noticing as I debug this project I'm working on that if
you have a timer firing every second or whatever, and a
Message.info dialog gets displayed, and you happen to click OK
while the timer is firing (at least I assume it's while the
timer is firing... can't get it to happen in step mode) the LAST
keyword in the routine that called Message.info gets reassigned
to the Timer object, which makes it unhappy as soon as you try
to do anything with what you thought was your non-Timer object.

For example, I had a ColumnView Activate event handler displaying
a Message.info, and after clicking OK I get "Unknown symbol
Columns in class Timer".  I'd send the project along but it
won't work too well without having 3 CD-ROM drives with 3 music
CD's in them at the moment. ;)

Rob