[Gambas-user] QT Speech features in Gambas ?

daniel danielcampos at ...277...
Tue Jan 13 19:47:31 CET 2004

> http://www.trolltech.com/newsroom/announcements/00000028.html
>

> Matthias Ettrich, a senior software engineer at Trolltech
> and the founder of KDE, elaborates: "When ViaVoice is integrated
> with Qt, it will be possible to control Qt-based Linux desktop
> applications with speech input that is as simple as -- if not
> more simple than -- keyboard input. Developers can build
> speech-capability into the structure of their application
> from the beginning."

It's a little confusing to me, as far as I know, a year ago or may be
more, IBM decided to abandon Via Voice support for Linux, in fact Linux
versions of via voice can not be downloaded directly from IBM, and they
use the old Glibc 2.1...

May be "Festival" is the good answer for voice support in Linux

Regards,

Daniel Campos