[Gambas-user] with a little help from my friends ;-)

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...9...
Sat Jan 3 19:55:52 CET 2004

Salut Benoit,

during the x-mas holydays, I dated up my roughly installed gentoo-1.4 via
protage.
After compiling all new, from Apache to X (what took ~ 36 h), I had a walk
around in my new updated System... and what do you think I found ... ?

YES gambas

Gambas is since Nov. 2003 with -Version 0.71
and since Dec. 2003 with Version 0.72

 part of the gentoo protage-tree.

It is still 'masked' what means it is not 'emerged' by 'emerge gambas'
you have declare that you accept 'unstable software' by

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge gambas

now the protage-system does his job.

BUT: it does not work.

all gambas-files finish in /usr/bin

the examples you find in /usr/share/examples (the file right are not set to
drwxrwxrwx)

and help in /usr/share/help

gentoo maintainer  Marius Mauch email : genone at ...89...

Think you should contact him

I send you the sources from /usr/portage/dev-util/gambas

Amicalement
Charlie