[Gambas-user] Re: Networking component problem (Telnet)

Daniel Campos daniel.campos at ...338...
Sat Feb 28 16:15:28 CET 2004

El sáb, 28-02-2004 a las 13:22, pezz escribió:
> Aha! Yes the networking component DOES send data after the intial connection.
> What it doesn't do is Telnet handshaking (I was testing it on a telnet BBS.)

Ah!, no, of course TELNET protocol is a level upstairs! Socket class
just sends or receive data using TCP, but nothing about specifications
of TELNET protocol.

> At the moment I've started a simple IRC client, and it's going well. Big ideas
> are forming.  Would be nice to write a telnet client though ;)

Fabien Bodard made some work with IRC, may be you can contact with him
and work together, it would be great... Somebody was doing a work with
TELNET too, I don't remember now, but he's on the gambas list archives,
sure!

Regards,

Daniel Campos