[Gambas-user] gambas 0.90

na2492 at ...9... na2492 at ...9...
Fri Feb 27 01:16:03 CET 2004

>> I don't like MDI too. The new interface I imagine for future versions of

>> Gambas is a sort of MDI, but with tabs, not subwindows.
>>
>> Regards,
>
>I like it more but over two screen is a disaster by M$.
>Tabs sounds good to me. UltraEdit on windows had that to and is
>the only one i'm mising at the Linux platform. With Wine the widgets are worse

>and slows realy down.
>But please make not the fault to use a toolbar you can drag anywhere and not

>lock to that position. The docking in VB was a disaster.

Realy was ? Did they stop it ;-) Which SP ?

Salut Ron,

not find the window, you need, is not solved with MDI.
Clicking on the Form [X] and the window don't dissabear is frustration.
But look at this disscution, there is no ONE AND ONLY way to do it.
Some like it so, the others don't like it that way!?!

Here we can talk about.

To excuse the MS, the idea is good, but keep away the mouse and the keyboard

from the users, if they don't have read the handbook.

For example: I'm a fan to use Windows-commander ( now Total-commander )
under Windows. (Even mc on Linux)
But I never took the time to read or have a look what he is able to serve me.

I use him, like I used nc at 85, as an visual tool to navigate on an harddisk.

But nearly daily I learn form friends, who dit not know about nc, and use now

Total-Commander, new features, nc couldn't have.

 Charlie

* Gesendet mit / Sent by: FEN-Webmail * http://www.fen-net.de *