[Gambas-user] gambas 0.90 CURL

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Feb 26 02:53:50 CET 2004

On Thursday 26 February 2004 00:45, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is the 0.90 version of gambas.

Hello,
I had the same problems with CURL.
In my case it occurs because the standard CURL version is 7.10.2 .
As I was afraid for Yast from SuSE didn't work anymore after update to CURL
version 7.11.0.
I can't set other yast-source download points and are unable to get  the KDE
3.2 from SuSE or other updates.
The update from SuSE for curl at SuSE8.2 is a link to the version for SuSE9.0
This one has dependancies to other libs not provided as seperate download but
in the 9.0 base package. I'm not good enough to mangle this setup to fix it.
Yast is a front-end for the rpm packages of SuSE and has a database containing
the installed packages for (un)installing.
Kpackage install well but does not update this database. It tells me for
installed SuSE rpm's that they are not installed. I understand this.
However the Kpackage I have can't uninstall. It simply does nothing.
Yast can't handle installs from Kpackage and is also understandable.

For the CURL component in the config.in script there is a way to get the path
to the curl libs with curl-config --prefix?. This program is installed with
curl-devel package (suse 8.2) as a dependency for another program.

Asume curl-devel is installed if this file exist/run is true but it is not
shure it is the correct version. With curl-config --version it returns
'libcurl 7.10.2' and curl-config --vernum '070a02'

Is there a way to check this in the configure that it is the correct version?

Gambas need 7.10.6 or higher as told by Daniel.
I followed his instructions to remove the HTTP part and now it compiles.
I can use the serial-port part for some home equipment and --without-net
that part is lost?

Thanks for the fixes and extras done.

Ron