[Gambas-user] Network client socket problem

Daniel Campos daniel.campos at ...338...
Tue Feb 24 22:50:00 CET 2004

El mar, 24-02-2004 a las 21:31, pezz escribió:
> Hi,
>
> The networking component was just the thing I was waiting for in Gambas.
> I opened the example Network client socket example in Gambas 0.84a, and
> studied the code to get an idea how to use it.
>
> On running the example, it connects OK to a socket, but doesn't seem to send
> any data after the initial connection is made.
>
> Here are the relevant lines from the example, under the Button3.click event:
>
> IF MySock.Status=Net.Connected THEN
>     WRITE #MySock,textarea2.text,Len(textarea2.text)
>     TextArea2.Text=""
>
> The socket status is obviously "Net.Connected" so why doesn't the data get
> sent? Or is the problem somewhere else in the example code i.e. a socket
> listening problem after the data is sent? Either way, no communication
> happens after the connection is established.

Well, I've tested the example looking for any bug but I didn't found
anything. ClientSocket works OK, so may be the problem is in the
listening socket as you say. Try this for example:

1º) Place any web address you can access from your computer, for example
"localhost" or "www.kudla.org" (if Rob has no problem in that). And
select 80 in port number.
2º) Connect
3º) Once you're connected, write a random text, finished with two carry
returns
4º) Send that data
5º) You will reveive the error reply from web server, and the connection
will also be closed by server.
6º) That's all, it worked for me!

Regards,

Daniel Campos