[Gambas-user] Network client socket problem

pezz perrymou at ...370...
Tue Feb 24 21:31:29 CET 2004

Hi,

The networking component was just the thing I was waiting for in Gambas.
I opened the example Network client socket example in Gambas 0.84a, and
studied the code to get an idea how to use it.

On running the example, it connects OK to a socket, but doesn't seem to send
any data after the initial connection is made.

Here are the relevant lines from the example, under the Button3.click event:

IF MySock.Status=Net.Connected THEN
    WRITE #MySock,textarea2.text,Len(textarea2.text)
    TextArea2.Text=""

The socket status is obviously "Net.Connected" so why doesn't the data get
sent? Or is the problem somewhere else in the example code i.e. a socket
listening problem after the data is sent? Either way, no communication
happens after the connection is established.

Any help would be appreciated.