[Gambas-user] RE: phone center

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Feb 10 20:45:14 CET 2004

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 20:09, Pozzo wrote:
> I've finished my project is a very simple program so maybe could be add
> to the examples. While I was working on it I though about an easier way
> to work with arrays of controls. What about something like this:
>
> DIM j AS Integer
>
>     FOR j=1 TO 4
>     ("lin" &  j).text = ""

Hmmm... Controls are objects, not strings ! And strings are not objects, so
can't deal with the "." operator.

I will never add such a brainwashing syntax in gambas! :-)

You must understand that your problem will not be solved by syntactic sugar,
but by a redesign of the interpreter internals, which I won't do for a while!

So, make your control arrays exactly the way you would do in Java.

Maybe, one day, in the future, I could add support for array controls in the
IDE. But I'm sure you can always do your job differently without the need of
them.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...