[Gambas-user] RE: phone center

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Feb 10 20:27:13 CET 2004

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 14:09, Pozzo wrote:
>     FOR j=1 TO 4
>     ("lin" &  j).text = ""
>     NEXT
> I where there are 4 textboxes wich names are lin1, lin2, lin3
> and lin4, so the code should work like adding the number of j
> to lin and compose the name of the control.

That sort of thing might become possible once Gambas gets
introspection/intercession (Nelson's "reflexive language"
concepts), which would have to be sometime after 1.0.  I'd want
to see that sort of code wrapped in an eval type of statement
though, at any rate.

However, you should realize that controls on a Gambas form don't
currently have a name at runtime; it's a design-time convenience
for the coder, and they're stripped out like all the other
symbol names during compilation.

Rob