[Gambas-user] make install 0.83

ron ronstk at ...239...
Mon Feb 9 12:04:28 CET 2004

On Monday 09 February 2004 15:19, danielcampos at ...282... wrote:

> But, If you want to write all code from Gambas, without
> using any external library, well, do it, may be in a
> hundred years we'll have the 1.0 version :-)

I wil not do that, writing and waiting :).
Hope Benoit goes on and pass milestone 1.0 with 2.0

> >I understand Benoit would release a new version with all extra's
> > >suggested and implemented, the toolbar in the editor, I like it, but may
> > be to >quick?. That's the risk with doing updates at the moment they are
> > released.
>
> Gambas is still beta software, so expect bugs and compilation
> problems, these versions are released just to test it and
> find bugs, problems and to improve it with new ideas. Of course
> Configure should detect the lack of libcurl and disable net.curl,
> but it is just a bug of this version...

That was the problem :(.

> Regards,
>

> Daniel Campos

I understand this still beta. No problem with that.
Hope Benoit find it and can fix it for the next version.

I can use it (0.8.3) now and continue with next when they are there.
For me Benoit is a guru he can handle C and this gambas project..
For the configure, make and supporting autoxxxx he is a guru to.
It's me to complex to make a program this way, may be the future,
I like the easy way that can be done with his result of gambas.

Gambas as platform to make programs is super and not to complex.
Why can't it be for C to, the languge is not the bad thing but the stuff
(environment) around it is to complex i think.
I did try Kdevelop but it's not so simple to write and run instant as gambas

God save the queen (Benoit)

Greetings,

Ron