[Gambas-user] automatic instruction completion

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Feb 3 22:38:47 CET 2004

On Saturday 31 January 2004 13:17, -=FoX=- wrote:
> Hi.
> Can you take a look at the pdf?

Well,

1) As for the automatic instruction collection, every needed information (or
almost) already exists in the IDE. At startup, the IDE creates a tree of
objects that describes each symbol (methods, constants, events & properties)
of each component. It is just a matter of analyzing the context when you
enter a "." (or type "AS" followed by a space or something else), deducing
the datatype of the data, and then extract the needed information from the
previous tree structure.

2) As for the IDE interface, some of your proposals are part of what I will
make for a gambas 2.0. I will post a document like you did when I have time.
Many features needs coding in the gambas editor component.

So ?

The first point could be done before the 1.0, but not the second.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...