[Gambas-user] BUG: Too many nest containers

Chris Wilson blixtra at ...626...
Tue Dec 7 16:25:11 CET 2004

Hello,

While designing the layout of my program I got quite frustrated when
after hitting the run button the status bar read "compiling project
Langley....." and didn't change although if I decreased the nesting
depth I could successfully compile.  After much searching I finally
found the error message buried in the /tmp folder.It read:

"gbc: ERROR: /home/chris/Gambas/Langley/MainForm.form: too many nested
containers"

So, the bug is that the programmer is not informed of the error
(reading the error output in /tmp doesn't count ;) ) and that the
status bar does not return to a normal stat.

I'm using Gambas .99 on Gentoo (waiting for the fix to the broken
ebuild mentioned a couple days ago). Maybe this has been fixed with
the newer version

Hope that helps,
Chris