[Gambas-user] DB compatible to SQL Server 2000

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Aug 30 10:05:42 CEST 2004

On Monday 30 August 2004 03:54, Iwan Prasetyo wrote:
> Dear milis,
>
> Could it be possible if I request for DB compatible for SQL Server 2000?
> It would be easier and painless to develop app using gambas in transition
> time from Windows to Linux.
>
> (cos I can't connect my VB app to postgreSQL)
>
> Thx in advance and sorry if OOT:)
>
> Regards,
>
> Iwan Prasetyo

I think the simpler way to connect ODBC databases is what Edward Hsu suggested
a few days ago: http://odbtp.sourceforge.net

The only problem with ODBC and this library is finding good documentation
about ODBC catalog requests, which allows me reading database metadata
(tables, fields, indexes). The Gambas database driver needs that!

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...