[Gambas-user] Distributing Gambas applications

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Aug 14 11:04:49 CEST 2004

On Saturday 14 August 2004 09:48, VBTricks.de.vu Webmaster wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> As I want to make my first Gambas application accessable to everybody
> (not only for those having the Gambas IDE installed), I need to create
> installation packages.
> My projects are saved to /home/stefan/gambas/<projectname>
> I tried installing one of the created packages (noarch version Suse),
> but the packet manager of Suse displayed several dependencies that could
> not be solved (gambas-gb-qt, gambas-gb-vb and gambas-runtime missing).
> So how do I create packages that are working?
>
> Stefan

We should find maintainers that create the gambas packages for each
distribution.

I made a gambas.spec file for the Mandrake that I included in the source
package. But I can only make the packages at my job, where I have a fresh
Mandrake 10 installation. Not on my own computer, that is a mix of Mandrake
10 and Mandrake 10.1.

Making gambas packages for a rpm based distribution requires an adapted .spec
file, and must occur on a fresh install.

In the source package, you will find a gambas.spec file for the SuSE, made by
Guillermo Ballester Valor, but it must be updated, because dependencies do
not include version numbers. Any volunteer to update it ?

Alas, even if necessary, I don't have the time to deal with all distributions,
so I concentrate on the one I use.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...