[Gambas-user] Tutorial for newbies

Michael Sullivan michael at ...558...
Fri Aug 6 04:57:52 CEST 2004

Hi.  I just started using Gambas.  I come from a Windows and Visual
Basic background, but I've been using Linux for the past year and I
really like it and wanted a Visual Basic alternative for Linux and I
found out about Gambas the other day.  I was wondering if there was a
tutorial or a book or something available for Gambas.  I already
understand a lot from my VB experience, but some things still confuse
me.  When I was setting up my first project Gambas asked me if I wanted
to include a constructor and destructor.  Why is this?  I didn't think
it was possible to allocate space on the heap in a BASIC program.  Could
anyone enlighten me on this?  Thank you.
-Michael Sullivan