[Gambas-user] gambas 0.96

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Aug 2 17:28:33 CEST 2004

And now gambas 0.96...

The database component has been redesigned to replace the pseudo-collections
by true collections: Databases, Users, Fields.

In other words, it is incompatible with the old one, except if you just
open/close databases and do SQL requests. Which is the most common case.

There are many little enhancements and bug fixes in the IDE. Now imbricated
braces are automatically highlighted.

The Mandrake RPM packages has been fixed. I think they work good now (the icon
is put in the GUI menus, the dependencies are correct).

Rob: could you tell me how to put the packages in cooker so that we see them
in the next Mandrake ? Or doing that yourself, as you like. You have more
experience than me :-) Maybe the problem is that they don't compile with gcc
3.4, so I should fix that.

The RPM directory on the web site can act as a urpmi source. Just add
http://gambas.sf.net/RPM/MandrakeLinux/i586/ to it.

The source RPM package is at http://gambas.sf.net/RPM/MandrakeLinux/

The package generated by the IDE now has dependencies on gambas packages whose
version is between 0.95 and 1.0

I think now distributing Gambas applications on Mandrake is as easier as
possible. Two things miss:

- Having the gambas packages directly in the Mandrake distributions.
- Making the same gambas packages for the other distributions.

And now, of course, there is a need for a big documentation update. To Rob
yet: could you send me a packed archive of the wiki so that I update the
pages and their contents directly on my machine - it is faster.

Good tests, and good luck with the changes in the database component :-)

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...