[Gambas-user] Re: language problems Was:Gambas-user] window focus

na2492 at ...9... na2492 at ...9...
Sun Apr 25 23:32:55 CEST 2004

>na2492 at ...9... wrote:
>
>> > On Sunday 25 April 2004 00:20, na2492 at ...9... wrote:
>
>> > Mmm ? What is the problem with "hardly try" ? Doesn't it mean
>> > "trying with
>>
>> > difficulties" ?
>> >
>> > -- Benoit Minisini
>>
>> Sorry if I'm wrong, but if I remember well it means 'havn't tryed' or
>> 'only a little'.
>>
>> Please native speaking !!!
>
>For what it's worth I am often impressed with the ability of posters
>with English when it is not their native language.
>
>... especially when after 3 years of evening classes I can only just
>make myself understood in German at a very basic level.
>
>BTW it would be quite correct for me to say I can hardly speak German!
>
>--
>Terry Blunt
Salut,

in that way I think 'hardly' is correct. Yes it is.

But  "hardly try" in the mail of Benoit, could be misunderstode !

Amicalement
Charlie

 3 years of evening classes is a good base, but whats about practice ?
* Gesendet mit / Sent by: FEN-Webmail * http://www.fen-net.de *