[Gambas-user] eXtremgui is now downloadable again

Rammyres José O. Pereira cinzacm at ...346...
Thu Apr 22 22:27:01 CEST 2004

I guess the 1st or second e-mail I sent, when i just joined the list has a question
about Closed source/comercial software... I guess all aswered the same thing and i
think repeat it now isn't waste of time. The GPL itself says that all softwares
that link a gpled librarie must show its source. I guess the intent is to don't use
a copyrighted technologie without the author know how and where (fair game, as some
of us say here) or to a company, which kindly give you the rights to use a
technology they developed for years (with a spent of money, i think), to know who
and how it's used. I guess all gambas libs, as i know them, are distributed under
GPL, and the graphical libs(some or all of them) are linked with QPLed libs.
Linking with such libraries (a GPLed linked with QPLed) implies the terms of the
GPL that says that only a F/OSS license (as at
http://www.fsf.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses) could cover
the software. I'm just beginning at the free software world, and i believe don't
have enought experiece with liceses but i hope some of the pals here, with have
more time than me, could answer it better.

Regards

_Dargor_ : Rammyres José Oliveira Pereira