[Gambas-user] eXtremgui is now downloadable again

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Apr 22 12:45:22 CEST 2004

On Thursday 22 April 2004 09:37, Daniel Oxley wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 April 2004 13:42, olinux wrote:
> > eXtremgui is not free software but lowcost softaware
> > (1,68Euro) and is unlimited for commercial and personnal use.
> > Not free to distribute.
>
> Interesting!  You have paid Trolltech their US$1550 for a
> commercial license then?  If so, you've written the entire app
> using a version of Gambas built against the commercial version?
>
>  If not, you'll still need to release your sources and allow your
> customers to distribute your program as they please as per the
> GPL.  (You can still charge them to buy it initially though.)
>
> Rob
>

> Rob, I think we all already know the answer to your questions.......

Still a simple question.

If I write a bash shell script to show me the directory content in a colored
way customizable column widths an places, sorted by minutes,hours,day,
yes the reverse, and sell it for 1.68Euro  and deliver the source code
included :)
do I need the QT license to.?

What about selling a bash shell script starting KDE and opening Kmail and
Konqueror on a ftp site for 1.68Euro? KDE is using Qt

If the script is not bash but a gambas class and form file and not the
compiled program for 1.68Euro then I see no way i must have a license for QT.

If i need it then I cant sell home made video for 1.68Euro to users using the
gambas mediaplayer example with QT widgets. Only to M$ loserdows users? :(

The only thing I can not say for sure is ' Not free to distribute.'

>  If not, you'll still need to release your sources and allow your
> customers to distribute your program as they please as per the
> GPL.  (You can still charge them to buy it initially though.)

I exactly do for 1.68Euro.

Ron