[Gambas-user] RE: Trouble with examples

BluPhoenyx quazar at ...403...
Wed Apr 21 04:36:26 CEST 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:30:28 -0400
Rob <sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...> wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 April 2004 20:15, na2492 at ...9... wrote:
> > this pb is reporteed since gambas-0.72, sometimes solved,
> > actually not The IDE don't have the possibillity to make a
> > workeable copy, so only chmod  helps....???? I don't know why
>
> All that's really needed is something like
>
> if not exist(Application.Home &/ nameofproject) then
> 	shell "cp -a " & exampledir &/ nameofproject & " " &
> Application.Home &/ "" WAIT
> endif
>
> OpenTheProjectHowever(Application.Home &/ nameofproject)
>
> I will try to write a patch in my copious free time ;)

Are you sure this is a flaw? The standard procedure in these cases
require the user to copy the files (or subdirectories) to some place in
their home directory or other user writable directory. This also gives
the added benefit of keeping the original source pristine.

--
Cheers,
Mike T.

Linux user #169067