[Gambas-user] Of Topic: Kmail filter problem

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sun Apr 11 10:40:12 CEST 2004

I wish to set in Kmail a filter to shorten
[gambas-user] My gambas question
[gu]  My gambas question
in the subject line.

Filter 'Replace' [gambas-user]  'to' [gu]
Select all mails and CTRL-J to execute the filter
Now my whole mail list is garbage.

In the filter builder I told it right and what happens.?
[[gu][gu][gu][gu][gu][gu][gu][gu][gu][gu][gu]] My  [gu][gu][gu][gu][gu][gu]
q[gu][gu][gu]tion

F... KDE developers.
A normal user do not expect it is a regular expression, I didn't.
The replace in Kate or Kedit or Kword don't do this.
Even the rename in konqueror of a filename don't work this way.

How do i tell it the right way. I try to RTFM but there is none in KDE
about this (or Kmail specific, it is using it). Poor normal user and me.
No undo.

Charlie is really RIGHT about this.
Typical developer mind. They think even in a bar this way when they
order a 'beer' as \#'/start/1*b/2*e/1*r/end\$' ?

Is it so difficult to check for regexp in replace field and if not then do
plain replace? It should start with the special syntax if it is a regexp?

(lucky me, I forgot to select all mails)

Ron