[Gambas-user] Re: [gu] Thanks to all you gambas Developers.

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sun Apr 11 08:31:57 CEST 2004

On Sunday 11 April 2004 05:29, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Salut,
snip

> The conclustion was something like that:
> 'Linux developers has only other Linux developers as clients. And the
> information interchange via internet was from developer to developer.
> They speak one language, they think in the same way.'
>
> But nomal users do not so, he has not contact via internet to the
> developer, and he don't think like a developer, and if he explaine his
> problem he says things a developer don't understand (last happend for me
> last frieday).
It is a pity this happens, developers has been also normal users, they
should know about this but do have no respect to normal users in general
if they release to the general public (normal users).

> And I think also gambas user are not developeres even if they develop, and
> looking further, if gambas is going to become the 'VB from Linux', gambas
> users will become more and more 'normal users'.
For sure.
I use it as normal user and wish not the complex developer environment
and accept it will be not so advanced and speedy in the result but is working.

> So pardon me for reported 'bugs'. But be shure if I find I will carry them
> to you.
as user: Happy there is a hunter to find them
as pre-developer: We need it to help us making it better.

> My next thing is to have a look to the gambas help, where I know that there
> is a lot of work. I will do it by writing projects without the IDE or by
> not using the possibilitys proposed.
For this you can use the wiki pages (only) for help. Will be a hard job too.
(Rob: I try to add but get RCS not working on local storage atm.)

> You will see !
>
> Amicalement
> Charlie

Charlie:
For this I stand 100% behind you opinion.
My only restriction is, this is not for gambas specific but the (*nix/M$)
programmers world in general.
For GPL "If you do not like it you are free to change it" is nice but for the
average user almost impossible.

That is what developers forget, the average user does not understand the
developers garbage in the source code. Why lines are commented out.
Is it they are wrong and resulting in failures or is it something for future
enhancement. Or a remark how to use a function they program so badley
that the do not understand it anymore and need a peek of it at that place?

It is simple users versus developers.
They need to understand each other but can't.
The developers should start to change. They have been users in the past.
The normal users can't because they are at most pre-developer and have no
developer experience at all, or gambas here.
Untill this changes it will be two different worlds, fighting each other
and is not related any platform or programming language.
Only god know how many times I write stuff like this and put it in trash.
Pressing Send before I do it now again.

Ron